Re: Query hitting empty tables taking 48 minutes

От Robert Creager
Тема Re: Query hitting empty tables taking 48 minutes
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Jun 7, 2018, at 4:58 PM, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:

I would suspect that vacuuming these tables would solve your problem.  Whether there is an issue beyond a lack of vacuuming, or related to auto-vacuum, I am unsure.  Though at this point it may take a vacuum full to recover back to a sane state.  Though ANALYZE by itself should clear up the statistical discrepancy.

A nightly VACUUM FULL which ran based on heuristics resolved the problem.  This would seem to point to a db problem more than an app problem?  I’m unsure how the app could have an affect of this magnitude on the database, although I’d love to be told otherwise.

Best,
Robert