Re: [WIP] CREATE SUBSCRIPTION with FOR TABLES clause (table filter)

От Andrey Borodin
Тема Re: [WIP] CREATE SUBSCRIPTION with FOR TABLES clause (table filter)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi, Evgeniy!

Thanks for working on the feature.
> 28 нояб. 2018 г., в 21:41, Evgeniy Efimkin <efimkin@yandex-team.ru> написал(а):
>
> Hello!
> I wrote some tests(it's just 01_rep_changes.pl but for non superuser) and fix `DROP TABLE` from subscription. Now old
andnew tests pass.

> 22.11.2018, 16:23, "Evgeniy Efimkin" <efimkin@yandex-team.ru>:
>> Hello!
>> New draft attached with filtering table in subscription (ADD/DROP) and allow non-superusers use` CREATE
SUBSCRIPTION`for own tables.

I've looked into the patch. The code looks good and coherent to nearby code.
There are no docs, obviously, there is WiP.

I've got few questions:
1. How will the subscription work for inherited tables? Do we need tests for that?
2. ALTER PUBLICATION has ADD\DROP and SET. Should we add SET too? Or is there a reason not to do that?
3. Message "Must be superuser to create FOR ALL TABLES subscriptions" seems a bit strange to me. Also, this literal is
embeddedinto translations. I do not know how we deal with it, how do we deal for example with "måste vara
superanvändareför att skapa prenumerationer" or "для создания подписок нужно быть суперпользователем"? Where do we
insertFOR ALL TABLES?
4. How does default behavior differ from FOR ALL TABLES?
5. Can we alter subscription FOR ALL TABLES? Drop some tables out of the subscription?

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.