Re: Emit fewer vacuum records by reaping removable tuples during pruning

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Emit fewer vacuum records by reaping removable tuples during pruning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On January 9, 2024 11:33:29 AM PST, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Tue, Jan 9, 2024 at 2:23 PM Melanie Plageman
><melanieplageman@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Yes, I agree. I thought about it more, and I prefer updating the FSM
>> and setting nonempty_pages into lazy_scan_[no]prune(). Originally, I
>> had ordered the patch set with that first (before the patch to do
>> immediate reaping), but there is no reason for it to be so. Using
>> hastup can be done in a subsequent commit on top of the immediate
>> reaping patch. I will post a new version of the immediate reaping
>> patch which addresses your feedback. Then, separately, I will post a
>> revised version of the lazy_scan_heap() refactoring patches.
>
>I kind of liked it first, because I thought we could just do it and
>get it out of the way, but if Andres doesn't agree with the idea, it
>probably does make sense to push it later, as you say here.

I don't have that strong feelings about it. If both of you think it looks good, go ahead...

Andres

Сообщение: Re: Emit fewer vacuum records by reaping removable tuples during pruning
Сообщение: Re: Emit fewer vacuum records by reaping removable tuples during pruning