Re: ECPG problem with 8.3

От Shelby Cain
Тема Re: ECPG problem with 8.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general

----- Original Message ----

 FETCH
> ABSOLUTE (or any of the variants that have count parameter).
>
> For backwards compatibility wouldn't it be better to do the sprintf
> in

 the ECPG
> preprocessor if the count is a variable rather than generate an
> error?

I'd like to add to this discussion from an Oracle Pro*C (Oracle's name for embedded SQL) perspective.  Most of the
Pro*Ccode that I've worked with over the years uses a variable for the fetch count as well.  It'd be nice if there was
someway to support this convention directly in ECPG (assuming it doesn't create maintenance/security issues) for anyone
portingapplications from Oracle to Postgresql.

Regards,

Shelby Cain

Be a better friend, newshound, and