Re: [GENERAL] Causeless CPU load waves in backend, on windows, 9.5.5(EDB binary).

От Nikolai Zhubr
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Causeless CPU load waves in backend, on windows, 9.5.5(EDB binary).
Дата
Список pgsql-general
31.01.2017 6:43, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 6:16 PM, Nikolai Zhubr<n-a-zhubr@yandex.ru>  wrote:
>> I'm observing some strange inexplicable effect in 9.5.5 server running on
>> x86 windows (32-bit windows xp sp3).
>
> Oh, well... You are aware that this is out of support by Microsoft, right?

Sure. The box is quite old.
However, at the moment I'm not confident the issue is XP-specific. Not
even really sure it is windows-specific.
And, I can't see any indication that the behaviour of e.g.
WaitForMultipleObjects() changed much from NT 3.51 to Windows 10 anyway.

[...]
>> 1. "select localtimestamp" 40 times (As separate requests, one by one, but
>> no delay inserted in between)
>> 2. wait 1/2 second.
>> 3. goto 1
>
> Craig, could this be a side-effect of 519b0757? That's new in 9.5, and
> that's directly related to the code paths discussed here.

Meanwhile I'll redo my tests using 9.4 instead of 9.5 and report back.

Thank you.

Nikolai

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Causeless CPU load waves in backend, on windows, 9.5.5(EDB binary).
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Causeless CPU load waves in backend, on windows, 9.5.5(EDB binary).