Re: dbt-4 (tpc-app) kit

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: dbt-4 (tpc-app) kit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2-Sep-05, at 3:38 PM, Mark Wong wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> Oops, EJB's are distasteful?  My experience in this area is quite
> lacking.
Well, I said "personally" distasteful.
> Not that I necessarily want to be 100% strict but the spec
> says this needs to conform to WS-I BP 1.0 specification, which I
> understand is basically using the SOAP transport?  I just thought it
> would be nice to have something that could be plugged into any
> application server (Geronimo, JBoss, etc.) with minimal configuration
> changes and that was where I started.  I don't mind doing away with
> the
> EJB altogether.  What do you suggest?

I use hibernate, which would allow this to be used without an
application server.
However strictly speaking, many people are going to want to see EJB's
as this is
what the appserver types like to use.

> To give you a little better idea of where I'm at, I have most of 7
> of 9
> interactions implemented, the remaining two I haven't started.  The
> driver needs to be expanded to simulate multiple users.  I haven't
> started any of the post processing or data collection scripts yet and
> some of that can be used from our other kits.  My Java programming
> style
> should probably be reviewed too. ;)

I had a very (very) quick look at your code, one suggestion would be
log4j, (or other configurable logging API ) for your debugging
statements.

If I have some time, I'll look at it some more, I've come to like
using the spring framework. This allows something referred to as IOC
(Inversion of Control) Basically, the problem is how to stub test
code in when we have static factory objects, the solution is to build
the application using a container  which specifies the concrete
classes which are instantiated. This would in theory allow us to have
tow versions. One which uses hibernate, and the other which uses
EJB's. So one thing to think about is to code in interfaces more, and
instantiate concrete classes which implement the interface.

Dave