Re: Baffled by "Group By" - Please help!

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Baffled by "Group By" - Please help!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Matt Friedman" <matt@daart.ca> writes:
> What am I missing? I'm not seeing why this query doesn't group everything
> and then return unique rows.

Since you didn't show an example of the input and output, it's hard to
tell what your gripe is ... but I'll venture that you didn't want to
group by index.word_count.  It doesn't make a lot of sense to group by
something you are using as an aggregate input.