Re: [HACKERS] int8 type -- call for porting results!

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] int8 type -- call for porting results!
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] int8 type -- call for porting results!
Список pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, David Hartwig wrote:
>> I just started compiling the 6.4 snapshot from this weekend on our AIX 4.1.4
>> system.   I am running into problems surrounding snprintf().
>>
>> 1.  Do I need to set something in Makefile.global to activate the
>> compilation of snprintf()

Ah ... it's a typo in configure.in.

AC_CHECK_FUNC(snprintf,
          AC_DEFINE(HAVE_SNPRINTF),
          ISINF='snprintf.o')
AC_SUBST(SNPRINTF)

should read

AC_CHECK_FUNC(snprintf,
          AC_DEFINE(HAVE_SNPRINTF),
          SNPRINTF='snprintf.o')
AC_SUBST(SNPRINTF)

Looks like this has never worked, which makes me wonder how well
debugged our snprintf emulation is ... I guess David will test it
out for us ...