Re: Backend Crash

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Backend Crash
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Harvell F <fharvell@file13.info> writes:
> I've got a database corruption/backend crash problem with my 8.1.3
> database on Mac OS X Server 10.4.  I'm beginning the process of
> trying to recover it.  If anyone is interested in trying to fully
> understand the what, where, and why of the crash, please contact me.
> I've provided the basic information on the crash below.

These traces are for psql, not the backend.  It looks like you're having
an issue with Apple's libedit failing at psql exit, which is something
I seem to remember we fixed, so you might want to consider an update from
8.1.3.  However, that's got nothing to do with the server-side problem.
Since pg_dump's backend is saying that some *other* process crashed,
the first thing to do is identify what it is that's crashing.  Have you
looked in the postmaster log?

Сообщение: Re: Background LRU Writer/free list
Сообщение: Re: Background LRU Writer/free list