Re: [GENERAL] Means to emulate global temporary table

От Berend Tober
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Means to emulate global temporary table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 05:54:11PM -0700, David G. Johnston wrote:
>
>> I don't see where "call a setup function immediately after connecting"
>
> Sounds like a "login trigger", more generally an ON CONNECT
> event trigger, which we don't have at the moment as far as I
> know.
>
> One of the main arguments against it was that a failing
> trigger function might prevent all access while the suggested
> solution to that (I think by Tom Lane) was to auto-disable ON
> CONNECT triggers when starting up as --single.

I'll take some credit for a partial solution suggestion:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/47D7DACD.9000304%40ct.metrocast.net

and pass most of the credit back to you for a better one:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20080312140850.GA3882%40merkur.hilbert.loc

While the notion of an ON CONNECT trigger seems interesting, the rest of that discussion thread had
a lot of good points about challenges to successfully implementing this idea.

-- B