Re: [HACKERS] fork()-safety, thread-safety

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] fork()-safety, thread-safety
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2017-10-06 07:59:40 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
>> The only thing that gets me excited about a threaded postgres is the
>> ability to have a PL/Java, PL/Mono etc that don't suck. We could do
>> some really cool things that just aren't practical right now.

> Faster parallelism with a lot less reinventing the wheel. Easier backend
> / session separation. Shared caches.

What you guys are talking about here is a threaded backend, which is a
whole different matter from replacing the client-side threading that Nico
was looking at.  That would surely offer far higher rewards, but the costs
to get there are likewise orders of magnitude greater.