Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: global index

От Erikjan Rijkers
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: global index
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017-08-18 11:12, Ildar Musin wrote:
> Hi hackers,
>
> While we've been developing pg_pathman extension one of the most
> frequent questions we got from our users was about global index
> support. We cannot provide it within an extension. And I couldn't find
> any recent discussion about someone implementing it. So I'm thinking
> about giving it a shot and start working on a patch for postgres.

Sorry to be dense but what exactly is a "Global Index"?

You mention pg_pathman; is a global index related to just partitions? Or
is it a more generally applicable concept?

Could you (or someone) perhaps expand a little?

thanks,

Erik Rijkers

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: global index
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: global index