Re: Woo hoo ... a whole new set of compiler headaches!! :)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Woo hoo ... a whole new set of compiler headaches!! :)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Dave Held" <dave.held@arrayservicesgrp.com> writes:
> [ much snipped... ]
> And because the vast majority of C programs are also correct C++
> programs, it really wouldn't be that much effort to port the code.

And not much reward, either.  To actually get benefit commensurate
with the risks involved, we'd need to do some wholesale revisions
of internal APIs and coding practices.  It might not qualify as a
complete rewrite, but it'd be dang close.

Personally I think the costs would far exceed the benefits.