Feature request: pgcron

От Martin A. Brooks
Тема Feature request: pgcron
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi

I did not see this feature on the TODO page on the wiki.  I apologise if I
have overlooked something similar.

I would like postgres to have a cron-like feature for scheduling things to
happen at particular times.

An example of this might be routinely purging data from tables, or
vacuuming specific tables.

I realise that these can easily be done via cron itself, but I feel an
internal implementation would be useful because:

* The tasks would live with the database itself and become part of the
schema and so are not "forgotten" if the database is moved across clusters
or hosts.
* Windows doesn't have cron, it uses its own system.  This would provide a
consistent way of running tasks regardless of platform.

I hope this makes sense.

Regards

Martin A. Brooks
http://antibodymx.net/