Re: [pgadmin-support] pgAdmin4 and Archlinux

От A.J.L.R. Hasekamp
Тема Re: [pgadmin-support] pgAdmin4 and Archlinux
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hello Dave,

Indeed, pgAdmin4 version 1.2 runs fine.

Thank you,
Andre Hasekamp.

Dave Page wrote:
On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 4:22 PM, A.J.L.R. Hasekamp <hasecomp@aim.com> wrote:
We Archlinux people are special. We always have the latest "bleeding-edge"
packages, but with them also the latest errors in our packages.

There was a time when pgAdmin4 version 1.1 ran in my environment. pgAdmin4
is not (yet?) in the official Archlinux repository, so I have to build it
from the source. No problem, I take the wsgi version behind apache (apache
Archlinux version 2.4.25-1). And yes, to be sure, I rebuilt it just before
writing this post.

For several weeks now, pgAdmin4 does not run, or, more precisely, it simply
hangs in the startup or splash screen (see attached file). Don't ask me what
Archlinux packages have changed since then, I know that pgAdmin4 has not
changed, but in any case, several, if not many python packages have changed.

The pgadmin4.log has an endless number of pages with "Examining potential
module: ..." and some lines with "Registering blueprint module: ...".
Otherwise nothing with "error" or so.

In the pgAdmin mailing lists of the last couple of months I see nothing like
this, but that may be due to the use of Archlinux.

So, I'm not pointing at pgAdmin4, but would anyone have any suggestions
about what is going on, or what I must do to locate the problem?
It was almost certainly an update to the Jinja2 python module. This
should be resolved in 1.2.