Re: BUG #2052: Federal Agency Tech Hub Refuses to Accept Postgresql on Network because of Security Vulnerabilities

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #2052: Federal Agency Tech Hub Refuses to Accept Postgresql on Network because of Security Vulnerabilities
Дата
Ответ на BUG #2052: Federal Agency Tech Hub Refuses to Accept Postgresql on Network because of Security Vulnerabilities  ("Ferindo Middleton" <fmiddleton@verizon.net>)
Список pgsql-bugs
"Ferindo Middleton" <fmiddleton@verizon.net> writes:
> This bug report involves more than one proposed bug. I work at a federal
> government agency. The information technology division at this agency
> refuses to allow the database version 8.0.4 on their network because of
> several security vulnerabilities they noticed when testing the software
> application.

They obviously haven't "tested" anything --- they are merely reading the
CVE reports for old Postgres versions.  All known CVE problems are
resolved in 8.0.4.

(If they were actually serious about security, they wouldn't be letting
you run Windows 2000 inside their network, but I digress.)