Re: BUG #12204: Getting wrong results from full text search

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #12204: Getting wrong results from full text search
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> prasanna@semantifi.com wrote:
>> select sckw.*
>> FROM semantified_content_key_word sckw
>> where TO_TSVECTOR(sckw.key_word_text) @@ TO_TSQUERY('exhausted');
>>
>> This is the query which  i am running.And the keyword "exhausted" is present
>> only in one of the rows but i am getting all the 3 rows.

> My guess, without actual experimentation, is that "exhausted" stems down
> to "exhaust", which is present in the three provided rows.

Yeah.  This is a feature, not a bug.  If you don't want stemming to
happen, you should switch to a text search configuration that doesn't
do that.  (I think the built-in "simple" configuration doesn't, but
in any case you could certainly construct one that doesn't.)