Re: Minor DROP TABLESPACE issue

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Minor DROP TABLESPACE issue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Gavin Sherry <swm@linuxworld.com.au> writes:
> Is it really that bad? NamespaceCreate() could just touch a file at
> pg_tablespaces/<tablespaceoid>/<MyDatabaseId>/<namespace oid> and
> RemoveSchema() could remove it.

No, because that wouldn't be rollback-safe.  You'd have to make the
placeholder file act enough like a real relation that the smgr
delete-at-commit-or-abort mechanisms could handle it.  So then you
have to buy into not having its name actually collide with any real
relations, which is where I started feeling like I didn't want to
pursue that solution.

This is certainly doable in theory, it just seems like much more
complexity than the problem is worth ...