Re: [DOCS] GUC/postgresql.conf docs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [DOCS] GUC/postgresql.conf docs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Thomas F.O'Connell" <tfo@monsterlabs.com> writes:
> I just wanted to make sure the list was exhaustive. What of those that
> are marked "startup or postgresql.conf"?

I believe the latter are the ones you cannot set per-backend.

If you want to be certain, look through src/backend/utils/misc/guc.c
to see which variables are marked PGC_POSTMASTER.  Those are the
restart-required vars.  The ones marked PGC_SIGHUP can be changed from
postgresql.conf, but not per-backend.  (See comments in
src/include/utils/guc.h for the gory details.)

If you find any for which the Admin Guide is wrong or misleading,
please submit a docs patch ...

Сообщение: Re: clarifying a few error messages
Сообщение: Re: clarifying a few error messages