Re: PostgreSQL's vacuumdb fails to allocate memory for non-root users

От Vivek Khera
Тема Re: PostgreSQL's vacuumdb fails to allocate memory for non-root users
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jun 29, 2005, at 9:01 AM, Sven Willenberger wrote:

> Unix user root (and any psql superuser) the vacuum runs fine. It is
> when
> the unix user is non-root (e.g. su -l pgsql -c "vacuumdb -a -z") that
> this memory error occurs. All users use the "default" class for
> login.conf purposes which has not been modified from its installed
> settings. Any ideas on how to a) troubleshoot this or b) fix this
> (if it
> is something obvious that I just cannot see).

This doesn't make sense: the actual command is executed by the
backend postgres server, so the uid of the client program doens't
make a bit of difference.

You need to see exactly who is generating that error.  It certainly
is not the Pg backend.

Сообщение: Re: how to use pg_dump and then restored onto development server
Сообщение: Re: how to use pg_dump and then restored onto development server