Re: xact_start meaning when dealing with procedures?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: xact_start meaning when dealing with procedures?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/08/2018 19:57, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> I just noticed that when I called a procedure that commits and rollbacks
> - the xact_start in pg_stat_activity is not updated. Is it intentional?

It's an artifact of the way this is computed.  The reported transaction
timestamp is the timestamp of the first top-level statement of the
transaction.  This assumes that transactions contain statements, not the
other way around, like it is now possible.  I'm not sure what an
appropriate improvement would be here.