Re: automatically generating node support functions

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: automatically generating node support functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 03.07.22 21:14, Tom Lane wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> Here is a patch that reformats the relevant (and a few more) comments
>> that way.  This has been run through pgindent, so the formatting should
>> be stable.
>
> Now that that's been pushed, the main patch is of course quite broken.
> Are you working on a rebase?

attached

> * AFAICT, the infrastructure for removing the generated files at
> "make *clean" is incomplete.

I have fixed all the makefiles per your suggestions.

> and something similar to this for the "clean" rule:
> # fmgroids.h, fmgrprotos.h, fmgrtab.c, fmgr-stamp, and errcodes.h are in the
> # distribution tarball, so they are not cleaned here.

Except this one, since there is no clean rule.  I think seeing that
files are listed under a maintainer-clean target conveys that same message.

> Also, I share David's upthread allergy to the option names "path_hackN"
> and to documenting those only inside the conversion script.

I'll look into that again.

> BTW, I think this: "Unknown attributes are ignored" is a seriously
> bad idea; it will allow typos to escape detection.

good point
Вложения