Re: small patch

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: small patch
Дата
Re: small patch  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Список pgsql-docs
On Thu, 2021-10-07 at 16:06 -0400, rir wrote:

> For myself,
>    'FETCH [ <direction> [ FROM | IN ] ] <cursor_name>'
> clearly indicates that 'direction' is optional.

Yes, but since [ FROM | IN ] is inside the bracket, that
diagram would not account for "direction" being omitted
while retaining FROM.

So I suggest that you change the syntax diagram to

FETCH [ direction ] [ FROM | IN ] cursor_name

Then I agree that the "empty or" can be removed.
I think that would be a good idea, and it would add
clarity.

I remain of the opinion that the comments should be
retained, but we can leave that for somebody else to
decide.

Do you want to prepare a new patch and register it in
the commitfest?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe