Re: How do I create a Backup Operator account ?

От Neil
Тема Re: How do I create a Backup Operator account ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Jul 29, 2019, at 7:49 PM, Marcos Aurelio Nobre <marconobre@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all.
>
> I need to create a PostgreSQL account , that only do a Backup and Restore operations over a PGSQL Database .
>
> My main difficulty is to only assign Backup and Restore capability to one user account, unlike the ability to perform
DQLand DML operations for ordinary user accounts.

I’m not sure I understand what you are really trying to do.  If this Backup/Restore users is going to backup and
restorethe complete database then they will have to have essentially superuser permissions.  Otherwise they will not
haveaccess to all of the data.  They will have to have permission for DDL and DML as the restore has the potential for
droppingand creating a bunch of objects, and at least DELETE, TRUNCATE, COPY and/or INSERT data.

What are you trying to protect against?

> In POSTGRESQL there is no backup / restore privilege because these operations are performed by server specific
utilities.

> One possibility that I thought would be:
>
> I was wondering if it was possible to configure the pgAdmin4 menus to be available for a particular login, only
Backup& Restore items. But I'm not sure how to associate a bank login account with a specific menu setting of a client
tool.

> Could someone give me any ideas or directions?

Neil
https://www.fairwindsoft.com

От: Marcos Aurelio Nobre
Сообщение: How do I create a Backup Operator account ?
От: Luca Ferrari
Сообщение: Re: How do I create a Backup Operator account ?