Re: review: psql: edit function, show function commands patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: review: psql: edit function, show function commands patch
Дата
Re: review: psql: edit function, show function commands patch  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Re: review: psql: edit function, show function commands patch  (Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> updated patch attached

What exactly is the point of the \sf command?  It seems like quite a lot
of added code for a feature that nobody has requested, and whose
definition is about as ad-hoc as could be.  Personally I'd much sooner
use \ef for looking at a function definition.  I think if \sf had been
submitted as a separate patch, rather than being snuck in with a feature
people do want, it wouldn't be accepted.

The current patch doesn't even compile warning-free :-(

command.c: In function `exec_command':
command.c:559: warning: `lineno' might be used uninitialized in this function
command.c: In function `editFile':
command.c:1729: warning: `editor_lineno_switch' might be used uninitialized in this function

Сообщение: Re: Initial review of xslt with no limits patch
Сообщение: Re: Initial review of xslt with no limits patch