Re: Design for In-Core Logical Replication

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Design for In-Core Logical Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 07/20/2016 06:35 PM, Craig Ringer wrote:

> First, I'd like to emphasise that logical replication has been stalled
> for ages now because we can no longer make forward progress on core
> features needed until we have in-core logical replication (they're
> dismissed as irrelevant, no in core users, etc) - but we have also had
> difficulty getting logical replication into core. To break this impasse
> we really need logical replication in core and need to focus on getting
> the minimum viable feature in place, not trying to make it do everything
> all at once. Point-to-point replication with no forwarding should be
> just fine for the first release. Lets not bog this in extra "must have"
> features that aren't actually crucial.

I don't think any person who actually works on postgresql with customers
and clearly deals with "competition" can state with any sanity that we
don't need logical replication in core.

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/                        +1-503-667-4564

Сообщение: Re: [BUG] pg_basebackup from disconnected standby fails
Сообщение: Re: [BUG] pg_basebackup from disconnected standby fails