Re: License Question

От Federico Di Gregorio
Тема Re: License Question
Дата
Список psycopg
On 30/05/18 20:04, Jamie Specter wrote:
> Hello -
>
> Big fan of psycopg2!
>
> I would love to use it in an Apache-licensed project but unfortunately,
> LGPL licenses are not compatible with Apache 2.0.
[snip]

Hi Jamie,

first of all, changing a license is a big task. While there is still
only my name as the copyright holder (I was the original author after
all) I don't feel like it is possible to change the license without the
permission of at least all the major contributors to the project.

Also, as Daniele explained, we're pretty happy with the LGPL3.

To better understand your request:

1) By "Apache project" do you mean an official project of the Apache
Foundation or just a project released under the Apache license?

2) Can you provide a detailed description of your use case? Is it a
library, an application? What is/are its license(s)? Which langguages it
uses? Right now I don't see an use case that really NEEDS a different
license for psycopg.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         federico.digregorio@dndg.it