Re: Reducing the chunk header sizes on all memory context types

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Reducing the chunk header sizes on all memory context types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> writes:
> On Tue, 20 Sept 2022 at 13:23, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> ... but I'm completely not satisfied with the current
>> situation in HEAD.

> Maybe you've forgotten that MemoryContextContains() is broken in the
> back branches or just don't think it is broken?

"Broken" is a strong claim.  There's reason to think it could fail
in the back branches, but little evidence that it actually has failed
in the field.  So yeah, we have work to do --- which is the exact
opposite of your apparent stand that we can walk away from the
problem.