Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4
Дата
Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4  ("Marko Kreen" <markokr@gmail.com>)
Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4  (Germán Poó-Caamaño <gpoo@ubiobio.cl>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Mind you, I'm in favor of one.  A new SCM would make some other development
> tasks easier. However, I'm reluctant to open the can-of-worms which is the
> "what SCM should we use" discussion again, and complicate something which
> we seem to have consensus on.

As near as I can tell, the arguments for a new SCM mostly apply to work
which individual developers are doing outside the main tree.  So, given
the existence of stuff like git-cvsimport, I don't see a strong reason
why anyone who wants to work that way can't already sync the core CVS
with a local SCM-of-their-choice and get on with it.

You're right that this is utterly unrelated to the scheduling question,
anyway.

Сообщение: Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4
Сообщение: Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4