Re: Issue with Save and Release points

От Inoue, Hiroshi
Тема Re: Issue with Save and Release points
Дата
Re: Issue with Save and Release points  (<daniel.machet@accenture.com>)
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi Daniel,

On 2016/06/21 17:33, daniel.machet@accenture.com wrote:

Thanks Hiroshi,

Is there anywhere I can do some reading up about the SQLStatistics() function and how to cache its results so that ODBC doesn’t need to run these repeatedly for each statement? Will I be able to call SQLStatistics() from VBA?

One way is to PREPARE an insert statement and EXECUTE the PREPARED statement repeatedly.

On a separate note – another way to tackle this might be to issue bulk insert statements but my approach so far has been to issue bulk statements using the postgres syntax from vba

i.e. to populate a string with an insert statement like

INSERT INTO tblA(field1, field2) VALUES

(1, 999),

(2, 888);

And to issue via the driver using following:

ThisDB.Execute strSQL, dbFailOnError

ThisDB is created using :

Set ThisDB = OpenDatabase("", False, False, DBName)

But I keep getting a syntax error for missing ; even though this exact query works on pgAdmin

OpenDatabase() seems a DAO method.
Unfortunately it seems DAO( or Access) doesn't allow to insert multiple rows.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Сообщение: Re: Multilevel inserts issue with ODBC
Сообщение: Re: Multilevel inserts issue with ODBC