Protect a table against concurrent data changes while allowing to vacuum it

От Vlad Arkhipov
Тема Protect a table against concurrent data changes while allowing to vacuum it
Дата
Re: Protect a table against concurrent data changes while allowing to vacuum it  (Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I have a constraint that requires a table to be locked before checking
it (i.e. no more than 2 records with the same value in the same column).
If I lock the table in the SHARE ROW EXCLUSIVE mode, any vacuuming (or
autovacuuming) process prevents me from checking the constraint. What
are possible solutions?