Re: Wiki editor request

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Wiki editor request
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 06/09/2016 01:07 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> On 06/09/2016 10:03 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>>
>>> because all the people how can grant access are already on this list and
>>> they are tracking the list for other reasons anyway - if we just put up
>>> a list of people and people start mailing those indidually would not
>>> really scale imho - and I dont think it is worth creating
>>> just-another-list either.
>>
>> Well, what percentage of readers of www do not grant wiki permissions?
>> I would guess it is +90%, meaning 90% of www subscribers are reading
>> emails in which they have no interest, and 90% of traffic on this list
>> is now the request for wiki permissions --- so that makes 180%.  ;-)
>
> not sure I believe in that math...

Since April 1st I have received over 69 messages in regards to adding or
modifying users for the wiki. I have received 336 messages to the list.
So about 20% of the traffic on this list is editor requests.

>> If you would like me to unsubscribe because this list is now mostly for
>> the requesting of wiki permissions, I can do that.
>
> well - sorry for that but please understand that granting permissions
> that way is not fun for us either and it would be an additional burden
> for use to track yet-another-list, but if that is what people think we
> need to do...

Yeah it sucks all around, we are resource constrained. It seems what
should happen is something like:

* If you have a community account, login and select "request wiki editor
privs"

* If you don't have a community account, create one and select "request
wiki editor privs"

Then have a script that automatically does it once every 24 hours based
on N criteria.

But again, we are resource constrained. Bruce, would you be willing to
help implement some of this?

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/                        +1-503-667-4564