Re: pgadmin4: Server does not launch

От Colin Beckingham
Тема Re: pgadmin4: Server does not launch
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

On 08/06/16 12:22, Dave Page wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 5:03 PM, Colin Beckingham <colbec@kingston.net> wrote:
>> Right, forced an upgrade via pip2 and it overwrote the existing psycopg2. In
>> interactive mode psycopg2 now imports correctly.
>> Now, when I run step 3 from web directory the command is accepted but there
>> is no output. The command appears to hang - ctrl C will interrupt it
>> cleanly, I can see from Gnome monitor that a python instance has started but
>> all cores are quiet at minimum usage. Not sure what I should expect to see
>> at this point. Runtime pgAdmin4 still not working.
> I suspect it's actually running, but we're so used to seeing a ton of
> debug output that we forget that if debug is off, not much happens
> (happened to me earlier!).
>
> Try pointing your browser at http://127.0.0.1:5050.
>
> To see all the stuff we see, add the following to config_local.py and restart:
>
> CONSOLE_LOG_LEVEL = DEBUG
>
> You can also send a copy of the output to a file, e.g.
>
> LOG_FILE = '/Users/dpage/pgadmin4.log'
> FILE_LOG_LEVEL = DEBUG
>
> Please bear in mind that you're effectively in "developer" mode here.
> The Windows/Mac packages I just announced should just run once
> installed. Even the PIP package (pretty basic right now) will make
> this a little easier, though really that's intended for people who
> want to run a WSGI server on a platform we don't have native packages
> for.

Not a problem, Dave, my presence here is to try to give feedback.
Using this URL lets me straight in; as you say the server is there,
waiting for a connection.

As a bit of feedback on the pgadmin4 release just announced, for users
coming at the installation via the wheel file on URL
https://www.pgadmin.org/download/, the pip install works fine on this
machine, but there is no guidance as to what to do with it once it is
there. pip says that pgadmin4 and psycopg are ready, but there is
nothing about what to do next to launch it as a bridge into the dev
documentation already online. I guess that comes later, or I missed it.

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: pgadmin4: Server does not launch
От: Harshal Dhumal
Сообщение: PAtch for RM 1107 [pgadmin4]