Re: Math function description issue

От Jürgen Purtz
Тема Re: Math function description issue
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
The standard says:

"<ceiling function> computes the least integer greater than or equal to
its argument."

a) In my opinion this wording is easier to understand because it avoids
the negation via "not less".
b) To dispel the ambiguities concerning what is greater or lesser (with
negative numbers) we may add a second example with +42.8 and an
additional comment - something like: "Please consider the situation with
negative numbers: -42 is greater than -43".

Jürgen Purtz