Re: WAL's listing in pg_xlog by some sql query

От Vik Fearing
Тема Re: WAL's listing in pg_xlog by some sql query
Дата
Re: WAL's listing in pg_xlog by some sql query  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Список pgsql-general
On 03/06/16 04:32, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 11:23 AM, Sameer Kumar <sameer.kumar@ashnik.com> wrote:

>>> Note that this currently requires superuser privileges.
>>>
>>> Given the usefulness of this specific query and that it could be used
>>> without risk of the user being able to gain superuser access through it,
>>> I'd like to see a new function added which does not have the superuser
>>> check, but is not allowed to be called by public initially either.

CREATE FUNCTION ls_dir(text)
 RETURNS SETOF text
 LANGUAGE sql
 SECURITY DEFINER
AS 'select * from pg_ls_dir($1)';

>> Can I not wrap it around another user defined function with SECURITY DEFINER
>> and grant privilege to specific users who can use it?

Yes, as shown above.

> pg_ls_dir() has a check on superuser() embedded in its code.

So what?  That's what SECURITY DEFINER is all about.
--
Vik Fearing                                          +33 6 46 75 15 36