Re: ram consumption

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: ram consumption
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 28/05/16 21:26, Petar Djurkovic wrote:

> When I stop postgresql instance ram mem which postgres used stay
> uncleared and I must restart host machine, why is that happen and how
> can I solve this problem?

Can you show us output from some memory measuring tool (1st few lines of
'top' would probably be good enough)? I'd guess you are seeing the Linux
buffer cache at work (you could test by unmounting the filesystem
postgres was using - typically /var - and seeing if that magically
returned your memory)

regards

Mark