Re: Parallel safety tagging of extension functions

От Andreas Karlsson
Тема Re: Parallel safety tagging of extension functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/21/2016 11:45 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Yes, let's fix it.  This will also take care of the questions about
> whether the GIN/GIST opclass tweaks I made a few months ago require
> module version bumps.

Do you have any idea what the best way to add these tweaks to the
upgrade scripts would be?

My immediate thought is first doing an UPDATE of pg_proc and then
updating the catcache with CREATE OR REPLACE with the new arguments.
Does that work? Is there a less ugly way to accomplish this?

Example:

UPDATE pg_proc SET proargtypes = ('internal'::regtype::oid || ' ' ||
'internal'::regtype::oid)::oidvector
WHERE proname = 'gbt_oid_union'
AND proargtypes = ('bytea'::regtype::oid || ' ' ||
'internal'::regtype::oid)::oidvector
AND pronamespace = current_schema()::regnamespace;

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION gbt_oid_union(internal, internal)
RETURNS gbtreekey8
AS 'MODULE_PATHNAME'
LANGUAGE C IMMUTABLE STRICT PARALLEL SAFE;

Andreas