Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Correctly align page's images in generic wal API

От Teodor Sigaev
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Correctly align page's images in generic wal API
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Instead of allocating this memory unconditionally for each buffer,
> wouldn't it be better to set all the page pointers to NULL in
> GenericXLogStart and allocate memory only once a buffer is registered
> in GenericXLogRegisterBuffer when finding a free slot? This patch is
> wasting many cycles.

GenericXLogRegisterBuffer() could be called in another MemoryContext what
can be a reason for strange bugs. Right now only a few pages could be
involved in one round of GenericWal. I don't believe that such allocation
could be a reason of noticable performance degradation. Although I didn't
check that.
  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/