Re: 10.0

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: 10.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 05/13/2016 05:12 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> An analogy that might get some traction among database geeks is that
> version numbers are a sort of surrogate key, and assigning meaning to
> surrogate keys is a bad idea.

:-)

I agree year-based numbers will cause us grief.

I don't have any strong opinions about this. It's essentially a
marketing decision, and I'm happy to leave that to others. If and when
we do change, I'd like to put in a modest request that we add an extra _
to the branch names, like this: REL_10_0_STABLE. That would mean they
would sort nicely, which would make my life simpler in a few places in
the buildfarm code. If not, I'd like a little advance notice so I can
check all the places where we compare branch names.

cheers

andrew