Re: asynchronous and vectorized execution

От Konstantin Knizhnik
Тема Re: asynchronous and vectorized execution
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 10.05.2016 20:26, Robert Haas wrote:
> At this moment (February) them have implemented translation of only few
> PostgreSQL operators used by ExecQuals  and do not support aggregates.
> Them get about 2 times increase of speed at synthetic queries and 25%
> increase at TPC-H Q1 (for Q1 most critical is generation of native code for
> aggregates, because ExecQual itself takes only 6% of time for this query).
> Actually these 25% for Q1 were achieved not by using dynamic code
> generation, but switching from PULL to PUSH model in executor.
> It seems to be yet another interesting PostgreSQL executor transformation.
> As far as I know, them are going to publish result of their work to open
> source...
> Interesting.  You may notice that in "asynchronous mode" my prototype
> works using a push model of sorts.  Maybe that should be taken
> further.

Latest information from ISP RAS guys: them have made good progress since
February: them have rewritten most of methods of Scan, Aggregate and
Join to LLVM API. Also then implemented automatic translation of
PostgreSQL backend functions to LLVM API.
As a result time of TPC-H Q1 query is reduced four times.

--
Konstantin Knizhnik
The Russian Postgres Company

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: asynchronous and vectorized execution
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: asynchronous and vectorized execution