Re: Beta1 announcement: alpha1 draft

От Josh berkus
Тема Re: Beta1 announcement: alpha1 draft
Дата
Re: Beta1 announcement: alpha1 draft  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 05/09/2016 04:42 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On 05/09/2016 04:32 PM, Josh berkus wrote:
>> On 05/09/2016 04:31 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>>> On 05/09/2016 04:19 PM, Josh berkus wrote:
>
>>> On further inspection:
>>>
>>> * postgres_fdw pushes down sorts, joins, UPDATEs and DELETEs, enhancing
>>> federated database support
>>>
>>> How about:
>>>
>>> * postgres_fdw now optimized for sorts, joins, UPDATEs and DELETEs,
>>> enhancing federated database support
>>>
>>> "pushes down" means pretty much nothing to the layman.
>>
>> Hmmm.  Not sure I agree.  "optimizes" is also pretty vague.  Optimizes
>> how?
>
> I agree that optimizes is vague but it at least insinuates a positive or
> performance based outcome. "Pushes down" means what?

Point, although we use the phrase a lot elsewhere.  Really "remote
execution" might be better, but we don't really use those words anywhere
else ...

Ideas, anyone else?

Josh Berkus
Red Hat OSAS
(any opinions are my own)

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Beta1 announcement: alpha1 draft
Сообщение: Re: Beta1 announcement: alpha1 draft