Re: pg_xlog -> pg_xjournal?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: pg_xlog -> pg_xjournal?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/03/2016 06:38 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 10:29 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 11:46 PM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>>> I just helped another person yesterday who deleted their pg_xlog.
>>
>> The biggest reason I've seen pg_xlog get deleted is not because it's
>> called pg_xlog, but because it's located someplace other than under
>> the data directory and referenced via a symlink.  Renaming it might
>> still make it less likely for people to get trigger happy, though.
>
> FWIW, I have seen a couple of times the same pattern as Craig:
> "because it contains log in its name implies that removing it causes
> no harm".

"You can't fix stupid.", Ron White.

That said, I too have run into the "Oh it said, log... we thought it was
o.k. to delete."

Sincerely,

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/                        +1-503-667-4564

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: pg_xlog -> pg_xjournal?
От: Noah Misch
Сообщение: text search changes vs. binary upgrade