Re: Restoring a db dump with tsearch fields fails

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Restoring a db dump with tsearch fields fails
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Robert John Shepherd" <robert@reviewer.co.uk> writes:
> I get the following error:
>    pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  Unable
> to locate type name 'txtidx' in catalog

IIRC, there is some issue with tsearch that makes it likely to fool
pg_dump into outputting items in the wrong order (ie, you may have
tables with txtidx columns appearing before the type txtidx is defined).
The short-term workaround is to manually fix the load order.  With a
text dump file you'd just hack away at it with a text editor.  With a
tar dump file, you need to use pg_restore's options that control the
load order.  I've never done this and can't offer any advice beyond
"read the man page" ...