Re: Beta1 announcement: alpha1 draft

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Beta1 announcement: alpha1 draft
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 04/26/2016 07:21 PM, Robert Haas wrote:

> I am not opposed to promoting those things; I just don't think it
> belongs in the beta announcement.

Fair enough.

What would you suggest as an alternative? I exclusively speak to
practitioners. The people doing the lifting after we release. A constant
question is about tools. Heck, most of the time it isn't, "when will we
support X", it is more, "what tool would help me do Y?"

It seems that an announcement of a Beta is a perfect opportunity without
taking away from the release itself. That said, is there something you
think would be more appropriate? Do you think we should advocate a
"toolset" or some such thing? I love the idea of a .Org extended toolset.

Sincerely,

JD

                         +1-503-667-4564

Сообщение: Re: Beta1 announcement: alpha1 draft
Сообщение: Re: Beta1 announcement: alpha1 draft