Re: pgindent vs. git whitespace check

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pgindent vs. git whitespace check
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2023-02-22 We 09:52, Tom Lane wrote:
pgindent has never been very kind to non-end-of-line comments, and
I'm not excited about working on making it do so.  As a thought
experiment, what would happen if we reversed course and started
allowing "//" comments?  Naive conversion of this comment could
break the code altogether.  (Plenty of programming languages
don't even *have* non-end-of-line comments.)

I suspect not allowing // is at least a minor annoyance to any new developer we acquire under the age of about 40.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan