Re: Let's get the OpenSCG packages listed on download

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Let's get the OpenSCG packages listed on download
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 04/26/2016 07:55 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

>  > Where? If so, awesome and we should make sure that is linked.
>  >

> It's on git.postgresql.org <http://git.postgresql.org>.
>
> The downside is that it requires a proprietary closed source tool to
> build. Can't recall if it's free or if you also have to pay for it.

Are we talking Visual Studio?

> But the custom code for the installers is there.

Well that's cool. TIL!

We should fix the download page to reflect that in some way even if:

Source Available here: .....
Note: Visual Studio required to build

Or something like that.

I think most Windows users recognize that even open source will have to
be compiled with closed source tools but the fact that the source is
even available is news to me and I don't know if that is fair to EDB.

Sincerely,

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc.                  http://the.postgres.company/                        +1-503-667-4564