Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 04/24/2016 11:58 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> OK, here's my final version of the patch, which I will apply in 24 hours
>> or so unless there is an objection.
>> +#pragma warning(push)
>> +#pragma warning(disable : 4091)
>>   #include <dbghelp.h>
>> +#pragma warning(pop)
> Hmm ... does this pragma work on *every* compiler we're going to use
> on Windows?  I'm afraid that trying to suppress a warning in VS2015
> is going to result in outright failure with other compilers.

According to my research it works on all the MSVC versions we support. I
didn't research the others (i.e. gcc), but we already use the pragma in
float.c without ill effect. Isn't the way #pragma works that compilers
that don't understand the particular pragma are just supposed to ignore it?

cheers

andrew