Re: Is it possible to recover the schema from the raw files?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Is it possible to recover the schema from the raw files?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/24/2016 08:35 AM, Tomas J Stehlik wrote:
> Hello Adrian,
>
> Thank you.
>
>> So did you do a schema only dump or a complete dump?
>
> There is no dump. There are just raw files.

Have you even tried a schema only dump from the original instance?

>> Well if the corrupted raw files include the system information
>   > then I think you are out of luck.
>
> Well, this topic is not about "luck".
> The question potentially targets someone who could tell whether something
> like this is possible.

If the information is not there, it is not there. In other words if the
zeroed out blocks you alluded to cover the system information then I am
not sure how it would be possible to recover information from 0?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Is it possible to recover the schema from the raw files?
Сообщение: Re: Is it possible to recover the schema from the raw files?