Re: Is it possible to recover the schema from the raw files?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Is it possible to recover the schema from the raw files?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 04/24/2016 07:09 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 03:00:09PM +0100, Tomas J Stehlik wrote:
>
>>> What happened if you connected to another database in the cluster?
>>
>> That's irrelevant.
>
> I dare assume Adrian asked for a reason :-)

Yes, the reason being that the OP was asking about the possibility of
recovering schema information, not data. Given a server that starts and
a database to connect to in the cluster then it might be possible to get
that information without resorting to mining the raw files(something I
do not know how to do anyway). This of course assumes that the system
tables where not corrupted. As a test, if you can connect to a database
in the cluster what happens if you do?:

select * from pg_class;

or if you want to cut to the chase:

pg_dump -s -d database_in_question -h some_host -U some_user

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Is it possible to recover the schema from the raw files?
Сообщение: Re: Is it possible to recover the schema from the raw files?