Re: Enhancement request for pg_dump

От Pierre Chevalier Géologue
Тема Re: Enhancement request for pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Le 22/04/2016 19:11, Adrian Klaver a écrit :
>> Last time I had to do this kind of exercise, a few years ago, I was in a
>> remote place without Internet access, so I could not get any information
>> or ask any help.  I was kind of surprised/frustrated by the (apparent)
>> lack of order of the pg_dump output.  So I manually wrote scripts to
>> export the tables and views' definitions separately, one by one, (using
>> pg_dump, of course) and stack them in the order I wished into a large
>> file.  That was quite suboptimal, but it worked as expected, and I was
>> able to diff and patch correctly.
>
> You realize there is pg_restore -l and pg_restore -L :
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/interactive/app-pgrestore.html

Yes, thanks for the advice.  Now I remember that I had used it also: I
just found these notes in my numeric attic:

   # pierre@autan: ~        < 2013_08_17__17_00_23 >
pg_restore -l database_2013_08_14_20h34.pg_dump -n pierre > tt_schema_pierre

   # pierre@autan: ~        < 2013_08_17__17_00_23 >
vi tt_schema_pierre

   # pierre@autan: ~        < 2013_08_17__17_00_23 >
cat tt_schema_pierre
DROP VIEW IF EXISTS pierre.dh_collars;
DROP VIEW IF EXISTS pierre.dh_litho;
DROP VIEW IF EXISTS pierre.dh_sampling_grades;
DROP VIEW IF EXISTS pierre.dh_sampling;
DROP VIEW IF EXISTS pierre.topo_points;
DROP VIEW IF EXISTS pierre.baselines;
DROP VIEW IF EXISTS pierre.dh_devia;

I just cannot remember why it did not fulfill my needs, so that I rather
opted to pg_dump's.

> It does not solve all problems but it does do some ordering and is amenable to be
> imported as space separated file for further ordering :
>
> aklaver@panda:~> pg_restore -l test.out
> ;
> ; Archive created at Fri Apr 22 10:07:50 2016
> ;     dbname: test
> ;     TOC Entries: 67
> ;     Compression: -1
> ;     Dump Version: 1.12-0
> ;     Format: CUSTOM
> ;     Integer: 4 bytes
> ;     Offset: 8 bytes
> ;     Dumped from database version: 9.4.6
> ;     Dumped by pg_dump version: 9.4.6
> ;
> ;
> ; Selected TOC Entries:
> ;
> 2702; 1262 983301 DATABASE - test postgres
> 9; 2615 1298825 SCHEMA - MASTER_USER postgres
> 8; 2615 2200 SCHEMA - public postgres
> 2703; 0 0 COMMENT - SCHEMA public postgres
> 2704; 0 0 ACL - public postgres
> 2; 3079 12456 EXTENSION - plpgsql
> 2705; 0 0 COMMENT - EXTENSION plpgsql

Thanks, I'll dig a bit more in pg_restore, for my current issues.

Pierre
Pierre Chevalier
PChGEI: Pierre Chevalier Géologue Et Informaticien
Partenaire DALIBO
     Mesté Duran
     32100 Condom
   Tél+fax  :    09 75 27 45 62
                 06 37 80 33 64
   Émail  :   pierrechevaliergeolCHEZfree.fr
   icq#   :   10432285
   jabber: pierre.chevalier1967@jabber.fr
   http://pierremariechevalier.free.fr/pierre_chevalier_geologue